Thursday, May 9, 2013

Reading

   Hi, it's me again. With my lovely lady out of town for a couple of days and my book that I checked out from the library I have managed to read away many hours of today. I'm currently reading My Ishmael by Daniel Quinn and I've got to say it's truly an amazing book. I wouldn't say it's of any different quality of the original Ishmael I would just say that it manages to address some different topics with some different approaches. When I originally read Ishmael it completely altered my view of the world, I mean to say that it resonated with the very deepest parts of my soul and shook the cob webs that had been obstructing my view of the world from my eyes. My Ishmael is currently doing exactly the same thing and it is utterly fantastic. It is also however quite tiring. You see these books are not for the faint of heart the cover some very heavy and deep material that isn't meant to be read passively for enjoyment but rather actively read and digested so that the information can be used to change a person. Due to how heavy this book is and how tired I am as well as the fact that I haven't finished it quite yet I don't feel justified in writing any sort of objective review or anything like that at the moment. I will most likely talk about the ideas in the book in later post though still not as a subject review or anything just as thoughts and ideas that the book has inspired me to think. I wish I could write more but my body is exhausted in its entirety and therefore I shall go to bed goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment