Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Second Day

   I woke up at 2 a.m. with cramps just as bad as they had been before. I laid there writhing on the bed for several minutes and then sprinted to the bathroom just in time. Diarrhea. It was back again but this time with a vengeance. I hobbled back to bed feeling completely and utterly miserable. I was supposed to be on vacation and enjoying myself and here I was at 2 o'clock in the morning practically crapping myself, and experiencing some horrible stomach pain. I squirmed around for a bit in the bed sweating a little bit and gritting my teeth against the horrible cramps until sweet sleep took me once again. I awoke several hours later around 8ish feeling quite a bit better but still not 100%. I was determined to make it on schedule to McCleary though and stomach problems weren't going to stop me. They did however. I continued to have horrible diarrhea and after discussing it with Alex we decided it wasn't worth risking a 9 hour drive. Now what? We were in Bonanza which is such a small town it literally takes about two minutes to drive through the whole of it, and I was sick. There was nothing for us to do. So guess what we did, just that, absolutely nothing at all and let me tell you it was utterly amazing.

   Now, I don't work crazy hours at a ridiculously difficult job or anything, but I did have a very full plate this last semester between school, work, and volunteering and it left me pretty tired. I think doing nothing but lounging about with Alexandria was exactly what I needed to do. We laid in a bed for a bit, and then we moved to the couch, and the kitchen to eat, and after eating we went back to the couch and passed out. I think all the sleeping we were doing was making us tired. We'd wake up and visit with aunt as well as my uncle if he happened to be around and then go back to doing nothing but sitting with each other in pure bliss. Eventually we did go outside and look at my aunt's green house as well as her chicken coop to get some ideas for when we have place of our own, and then went straight back to the couch. We decided that we should do something but didn't quite know what to do when it occurred to us to go see a movie. We had just recently read The Great Gatsby and the movie had just come out so we settled on that after much deliberation. We went to the show around 6 o'clock I think it was. We had a bit of difficulty finding our way around Klamath Falls but eventually we did find the theater. It was the smallest theater I think I've ever been to and when we showed up we were the only people there. We got our tickets and then went and sat down and waited for the show to start. The movie was quite good and very similar to the book my only complaint is the music. I was expecting all this great roaring twenties music and instead my ears were greeted by the likes of Jay-Z. After the show we made our way back to Bonanza to enjoy a delicious home made dinner and some more visiting time with family. 

    That's about all that we did on our second day of vacation which as you can tell wasn't all that much. Also I must apologize you see I was a bit out of it at the time I got to experience all this nothingness so it's a bit of a struggle to recollect in a fascinating sort of way. I'm also currently not in it to win it which is why my writing really isn't all that swell but it still gives you a good idea of what we did which wasn't really anything at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment